LeHaM.org Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LeHaM.org Forums

Welcome to the LeHaM.org forums, here you can find tutorials, information and get help on any mods / Projects, console repair and home theater set-ups.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMain Site
Latest topics
» PS2-How to Install a Cooling Fan in a PS2
How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:44 pm by Admin

» Fat ps2 Repair - BGA reflow
How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:42 pm by Admin

» Game Cube -- XenoGC Short Wire Installation guide
How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:34 pm by Admin

» Sega Dreamcast--VGA Mod
How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:08 pm by Admin

» How to Clean the Lens and Mirrors of Your Projection TV
How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:48 am by Admin

» Soundproofing for cheap
How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:46 am by Admin

» Speaker Placement: Ported Versus Sealed
How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:44 am by Admin

» Backlight your TV
How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 am by Admin

» 10 DIY Home Theater Tips
How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:31 am by Admin

Similar topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Respected Sites
free forum
Please Donate

How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew Empty
PostSubject: How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew   How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm

I will be going over how to install XBR and Xell onto your Xbox360. Installing XBR allows you to do many things such rununsigned code(homebrew), install any sized hard drive(even 3.5in desktophdds!), ftp into your box, and custom dashboards. There areendless possibilities with being able to run any code you want. You are able to modify Xbox 360 games to run custom maps andcheats. You can also launch games off the hard drive without adisc. It should cost you around $5 in parts, maybe even free ifyou have the parts already.

Step 1

Finding out if your Xbox is exploitable

Your kernel must be kernel 2.0.7371.0 or lower for this to work. You can do this by opening up the system info tab. After there isone more step to check if it still is exploitable, but you have to buildyour cable to dump your nand first.

Step 2

Getting your parts

Tools:

Soldering iron

Solder

Computer with LPT port.

Parts:

1x 25 pin d-sub connector (male or female depending on which kind ofcable you have)

Digikey # 225FE-ND

1x 25 pin d-sub cable (lpt cable) You can actually skip the cable ifyou buy a male connector and make your wires long enough to extend fromyour xbox to the computer

Digikey # AE9863-ND

3x 330 ohm resistors (only for Xenon motherboards)

Digikey # P330BBCT-ND

1x 1n4148 switching diode (if you have Zephyr, Falcon, Opus or a Jasperget 3x of these)
How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew 121pc2u

There has been a new update to the standard wiring you should use forthe JTAG wiring on Xenon's which requires just 2x 1n4148 diodes. I've never used this method before so I can't really help as muchif you have problems. But I would suggest going with itinstead since it is supposed to be electrically superior and uses lessparts so less room for failure I guess.

Step 3

Soldering the cable

Soldering is generally pretty straight forward. You actually don'tneed any solder for the motherboard end, as the holes all have solder inthem. So you just need need to heat it up and slide the wirethrough. I suggest using at least a 30w iron as a 15w willhave trouble getting the lead free solder hot enough. Allresistors on the connector are optional, it's just to prevent damage as some ports are 5v and the motherboard is 3.3v.

Here are some pictures
Xenon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
All others [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Recently there has been a new way to wire Xenons that is supposed to be better, I have never tried it but I have included the diagram onhow to wire it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Step 4

Dumping the nand

Download the files [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (I forgot to include nandpro get that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

Extract the rar, and open up the nandpro folder

install port95nt.exe (if running vista or 7 set it for compatibilitymode for xp.)

Plug your Xbox 360 in, but don't power it on.

Plug the lpt cable in

Pop open cmd and change directories to your nandpro folder

type nandpro lpt: -r16 nand.bin

It will start to dump, this will take 35 minutes

Type nandpro lpt: -r16 nand2.bin and dump it a second time.

If during the dump it has trouble reading blocks, don't worry. You only have a problem if can't read block after block, which meanssomething went wrong in the middle of the dump and you have to restartit again.

If you are having issues having nandpro detecting it, go over anddouble check all of your soldering. If you skipped out on the diode, tryadding one, and just restarting your computer has fixed the issue quitea few times for me. You also want to make sure your cable is short as possible.

Step 5

Testing if it's exploitable

You're going to want to open up degraded included in the filepack. Go to settings and under 1BL key make sure it saysDD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA and is checked. You are alsogoing to want to change file system start to 39.

Open up your nand dump and look at the CB version

If your CB is the following you're in luck!

Xenon: 888, 1902, 1903, 1920,1921, 8192

Zephyr: 4558, 4580

Falcon: 5761, 5766, 5770

Jasper: 6712, 6723

Jasper Arcade (256/512): 6723 or lower is Exploitable

If you are unsure if yours is exploitable, you can also check if CD =8453, if it does you're out of luck.

Step 6

Extracting the keyvault, injecting and flashing XBR

Select the proper XBR for your motherboard included in the rar fileand put it in your nandpro folder. Rename it to xbr.bin to makethings easier.

Open up cmd, navigate to your nandpro folder and type

nandpro nand.bin: -r16 kv.bin 1 1

nandpro nand.bin: -r16 config.bin 3de 2

Then typenandpro xbr.bin: -w16 kv.bin 1 1

nandpro xbr.bin: -w16 config.bin 3de 2

Now for the flashing!

Just type and wait 35 minutes

nandpro lpt: -w16 xbr.bin

Step 7

Getting your CPU key

Reassemble your 360, and boot your 360 with the DVD driveejected. Or if you don't have a DVD drive you can plug in awired controller into the back usb port.

You should see a blue screen pop up and whole bunch of things flyby. When it says CPU fuses, your either going to want towrite really fast or snap a picture.

fuseset 3 and 5 or 4 and 6 is your cpu key.

So if it said

fuseset 03: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fuseset 05: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

My CPU key would be xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It should 32 characters.

Step 8

Extras

I included quite a few extra programs in the .rar file. A lotof them will come in handy with your Xbox 360 homebrew experience. I'll be going over what each program is good for.

360 Flash Tool

This tool allows you to view all the files in your nand and yourkeyvault. You need your CPU key for this.

KeyVault Modder

This allows you to modify the region code, or what your DVD drivekey is. If your Xbox 360 DVD drive is missing or you burned yours out, this is the tool you need to recover it! You can eitherchange the key to something simple as just 1's or what it originally was.

X360GameHack

Since you can run any code now, you can patch .xex game files. With this tool you can remove region coding from games and many other things.

XBLA Unlocker

This will allow you to unlock any DLC, or XBLA games you may have thatare demos and that are signed to a certain console. You candownload game demos on the Xbox marketplace and unlock it with this tool.

Xbox Image Browser

This tool allows you to view the content of an Xbox 360 Isoimage. What I use this tool for is extracting the files from theiso then putting them on my xbox instead of the iso. Xbox 360iso's are zeroed out to 7 gb or so no matter how big the game is. A game with 1gb of files could be wasting 6gb of space.

YarisSwap

This program allows you to modify the console ID on DLC, andXBLA games to run on any console.

Xbins

This is a xbins autoconnect tool. Use this to download the latest files.

Freestyle Dash

This is my favorite Xbox 360 custom dashboard. It includesDVD ripping and FTP support. It is one of the mostprogressing dashboards that is constantly being updated with new features.

Quickboot

This tool creates containers from xex files that can be launched from the dashboard.

Xexloader

This allows you to navigate your hdd on your xbox and launch .xex filesdirectly. It also has an ftp server running in the backgroundalso. I included 2 versions, one is the ISO which you justburn to a CD and put in your xbox, the other is a XBLA file that you put in your content folder on your hard drive and launch.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://leham-forum.forumotion.com

How to JTAG your Xbox 360 and run homebrew
Page 1 of 1