LeHaM.org Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LeHaM.org Forums

Welcome to the LeHaM.org forums, here you can find tutorials, information and get help on any mods / Projects, console repair and home theater set-ups.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMain Site
Latest topics
» PS2-How to Install a Cooling Fan in a PS2
Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:44 pm by Admin

» Fat ps2 Repair - BGA reflow
Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:42 pm by Admin

» Game Cube -- XenoGC Short Wire Installation guide
Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:34 pm by Admin

» Sega Dreamcast--VGA Mod
Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:08 pm by Admin

» How to Clean the Lens and Mirrors of Your Projection TV
Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:48 am by Admin

» Soundproofing for cheap
Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:46 am by Admin

» Speaker Placement: Ported Versus Sealed
Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:44 am by Admin

» Backlight your TV
Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 am by Admin

» 10 DIY Home Theater Tips
Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:31 am by Admin

Similar topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Respected Sites
free forum
Please Donate

Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  Empty
PostSubject: Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)    Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)  EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 am

by IdrisB

Ok, I know that a lot of this stuff is frustrating, and it took meforever to do, because I was figuring it out on my own, BUT, you guysgot lucky, because I just make this stuff look easy.

WHAT THIS INSTRUCTABLE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO DO IT:

- Hook up your Xbox 360 to a computer monitor

- Get the speakers to actually play

- Hook your Xbox 360 to the internet, through your computer!(basically, wirelessly, but without having to pay $100 for an adapter)

Step 1

First Things First: GETTING THE RIGHT PARTS!

Ok guys, I'm really sorry to say this, but, there are a few things youNEED to buy to do this instructable, and, they don't come cheap.

- Xbox VGA Cables. You can find them at Gamestop or EB games from$29-49. I recommend going with the$29 ones.

(ALSO! You can get them from Radioshack as well, for only $20, but, they're online only)

- Speaker with a 3.5 mm input. Ok, technically, you don't need this,but its a hell of a lot easier than finding an adapter. A clockradio that can accept an MP3 player works fine, and as you can see from the picture, Thats what I used

- A computer with a wireless internet connection (Because, if your router is that close, do you really need to hook up your 360 wirelessly?)

Step 2

Simple Part: Hooking up to the computer monitor

Go buy the cable. Its honestly the easiest thing in the worldto plug it in once you have them.

Step 3

Less easy part:Hooking up to the speakers

Ok, the cable comes with an adapter that will allow you to plug inthe Left and Right component audio cables, and it comes out as a male3.5 mm plug. So, what you're gonna want to do, is find anything that youcan plug your MP3 player into, and put it in there. I find that a clockstereo thing works best, you can get one from 5 Below, or Target, orWalmart, for really cheap, and normally they work well.

Step 4

Hooking it up to the internet: it gets pretty confusing

Guys, this took me about 30 minutes to do, which is a hell of alot of time when you REALLY wanna play MW2.

What you need:

- Ethernet Cable

- Computer with a wireless connection.

Step 5

Interweb connection: Evan, skip to here

Ok, before I get any dumb questions, YES! IT WILL WORK WITH ALAPTOP, AS LONG AS THE LAPTOP HAS AN ETHERNET CABLE INPUT/OUTPUT! (....Evan)

What you're going to want to do first, is find an Ethernet Cable thatwill plug into your 360 (from both sides, meaning, make sure that theethernet cable can be reversed)

Now that you have the cable, go to the back of your computer. make sureyou plug it into the right one.

Step 6

Still not connected yet.

Ok, now that its PHYSICALLY connected, you still need to branch theconnection. The picture shown is what it should look like at the end.

Steps:

1) Go to Control Panel > Network Connections

2) Make it so that the "Network Cable" and the "WirelessNetwork Connection" are both highlighted.

3) Right Click > "Bridge Connections"

BAM! You got that shit on lock.

Step 7

All thats left, is to test it.

Unplug your computer from the monitor, and plug in the 360. Then,turn it on, test the sound, test the internet connection.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://leham-forum.forumotion.com

Connecting an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor ( BONUS! HOOKING IT UP TO THE INTERNET, THROUGH YOUR PC!)
Page 1 of 1